Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why, "The Loft Academy?"

Well, a big part of this journey for me, as shallow as it sounds, has been reconciling who I am as a person with my preconceived notion of what a "home school mom" is to me.

Let me list some of the thoughts that come to my head when I think of home school mom (remember, this blog is about the good, the bad and the UGLY as it relates to my journey...this happens to be kind of ugly. My apologies.):

  • Hair pinned back neatly in a bun (hair net not necessary):



  • Denim mom jeans hiked up above the navel:

  • Fanny pack, although a popular accessory, not necessary UNLESS heading out on an exhilerating field trip to the local library (one never knows when a paper cut may ensue requiring a bandaid. BE PREPARED!)


Ok, all kidding aside, I have had many preconceived notions I've had to personally work through as I've prayed about and researched home schooling our kids. Yes, these are some of the most shallow but real none the less.

So, in my quest to start things out on the right foot, I racked my tiny brain for a blog title that would instantly boost my home schooling ego up to a slightly higher level of educational couture. Our home school landing pad will be the loft in our house that overlooks the living room. And, doesn't Loft have a slightly urban ring to it? Not bumpkin-ey at all huh?

Then there's the word Academy. I don't know about you but I feel it's pretty much guaranteed my kids are going to come out as some form of genius having attended an Academy of some sort right? It's worth a shot! ;)

Anyway, just thought I'd give you a little insight into my twisted way of thinking. And, just so you don't think I'm totally superficial and shallow, I truly have nothing against buns, mom jeans or fanny packs. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment