Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Pre-Dawn Shuffle

Ok, it's truly not pre-dawn but it sure feels like it. Kids out the door at 7:10am to catch the bus. Hubby out the door by 7:20am to drive the 20 minutes to work. Our kitchen left in a post-tornado state after the morning shuffle is done. I sit in my kitchen chair, sigh, and begin to clean up, coffee mug glued to my hand.

I'm ready for this to be done. I don't have some glamorized view of what home school mornings will look like but seriously...it has to be better than this. I've considered purchasing a cattle prod for the last month of school to jolt my kids out of bed in the morning. It's funny how they rise and shine at 6:45am on Saturday but 6:30am on a Thursday is, "TOO EARLY!!"

Anyway, I'm sure I'll post this fall how our morning is once we start home school. I'm praying for a little more peace and a little less tornado.

1 comment:

  1. I think you'll find mornings to be a little less hectic. You can homeschool in your pj's if you want! Of course, it can be really embarassing if someone comes to the door... and you're still in your jammies at noon...giving spelling tests or something... not that that's ever happened at my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete